What is the purpose of the Chamber?
The Black River Area Chamber of Commerce is a working partnership of business people who know the wisdom of coordinating their efforts under effective leadership for the advancement and development of the Jackson County Area. It seeks to unite all the industrial, commercial and civic interests for the purpose of developing and promoting the area as a center for a broad range of commercial, industrial, educational and health-related activities which promotes the well-being of the citizens of the area as a whole.
The Chamber is a business organization for area businesses. It serves its members and they have a right to expect a return on their annual investment. Therefore, the organization must focus its efforts and resources to best serve the Jackson County Area.
What is the mission of our Chamber?
To serve the needs of our members, promote tourism and foster economic development.
Who is the Chamber?
The Chamber is a voluntary member organization whose members are local businesses, non-profit agencies and individuals who are concerned with the socio-economic climate of the Black River Falls area.
Who provides leadership?
The Chamber is run by its members. The members elect a Board of Directors who set policies and goals. The officers are elected by the Board of Directors. Members are encouraged to take an active role in the Chamber, whether it is at board level or committee level. The everyday operations of the Chamber are handled by the Executive Director and staff.
How are we funded?
- Chamber membership
- Room tax
How do we market our area?
- Annual Tourism Book including the Map & Trail Guide
- Website www.blackrivercountry.net
- Partnerships with organizations such as Wisconsin Department of Tourism, Discover Wisconsin and Wisconsin Indianhead Country
- Utilize films created with Discover Wisconsin to promote ATVing and more recently to promote “silent sports”
- Promote a DVD created with Black River Falls Industrial Park Commission
- Retain the Marketing firm Pilch & Barnet to assist us with our marketing initiatives and promotions
- Highway billboards
- Seek Joint Effort Marketing (JEM) grants through the Wisconsin Department of Tourism
- Partnerships with surrounding counties
- Print advertising, i.e., Silent Sports Magazine, Wisconsin Outdoor News, WATVA Publication