Friday, February 22, 2013
Black River Country is paradise for winter outdoors enthusiasts!
- The Black River State Forest has 25 miles of expertly groomed cross-country ski trails, perfect for skaters and skiers from beginners to experts. Click here for a map!
- Wazee Park, just east of Black River Falls in Jackson County, has 11 miles of ungroomed cross-country ski trails with a stunning view of Wazee Lake.
- Black River Fall’s Lunda Community Park is perfect for tubing, sledding and skating. With a warming building on site and refreshments available, you can play all day!
- For downhill skiing and snow-tubing visit Bruce Mound Winter Sports Area, just three miles northwest of Hatfield in Merrillan. With lit trails and runs, you can even ski or tube at night!
- Black River Country has 300 miles of groomed snowmobile trails which connect to 500 miles of trails in the surrounding counties, so you’ve got plenty of room to run! In western Jackson County, the trails wind through forest and farmland. With some steep terrain, this part of the county can be a challenge. In the eastern portion, trails meander through heavily-wooded areas with a gentler grade. Click here for the latest snowmobile trail conditions!